- How do I sign up if I don’t have a team of my own?
- How do I sign my team up for a league?
- How do I sign my waiver?
- When do I have to pay?
- How do I check my schedule?
- Can I see other team’s schedules?
- Can I still get the before deadline price when it’s only a day after the early bird deadline?
- Are there any discounts for signing up multiple teams/seasons?
- Does the goalie count towards the gender rule?
- What is your refund policy
- What happens if it storms?
- Do leagues require any equipment?
- What kind of cleats can I wear?
- Does everyone on my team need a membership?
- What kind of uniform do I need/does KEVA provide them?
- Do you sell food and alcohol?
- Do you have tournaments?
- Can I rent space for my team to practice?
- How do I become a referee?
1.How do I sign up if I don’t have a team of my own?
If you don’t have a team of your own, don’t worry! KEVA provides options for individuals who still want to play in a league! We have house teams called Free Agent Teams. The costs for Free Agents is a per-season individual fee and a valid annual membership. The individual fees vary from sport to sport and typically comes out to a private team fee divided by the ideal number of players for that sport/league. Soccer and Basketball Free Agents also receive a free t-shirt with their sign-up! The annual membership can be purchased for just yourself, or you can purchase a Family membership that covers yourself, a significant other, and any children you have under the age of 18. Family memberships do not cover adult siblings or extended family.
Fill out this form if you have additional questions or call 608-662-7529 to register for a team!
2. How do I sign my team up for a league?
Sign up can be done online, in person, or over the phone. KEVA needs a minimum deposit of $300 in order to register the team if the full team fee is more than $500. Any full team fee that is less than $500 should be paid in full at the time of registration, with no exceptions. After a deposit is made, the remaining portion of the team fee must be paid before the first game. If payment is not received by the deadline, late fees will be assessed eventually resulting in suspension of play until full payment+late fees is received.
3. How do I sign my waiver?
You can sign your waiver online by logging into your DaySmart account. If you are on the website, the login is located in the upper right-hand corner on kevasports.com. You can also sign a paper waiver in person at KEVA Sports Center at the Front Desk, if you would prefer.
4. When do I have to pay?
Free Agents must pay in full at the time of registration.
For a full team registration we require a $300 deposit or a full team payment if the team fee is less than $500. All memberships must be valid before the first game is played.
If you would like to renew your membership at the facility before you play your first game, please be aware that there may be delays due to other players attempting to do the same. Please allot enough time to accommodate this, or renew your membership online or over the phone before the day of your first game. We do not want to delay you for your game just as much as you, so please help us in keeping you on time for your game!
5. How do I check my schedule?
All free agent and team registrations are due by the registration deadline. Your first game time will be sent out a week prior to your first game in an email. The email will also specify when you can expect the full schedule to be released.
Please note that if you have requested to be unsubscribed from emails, you will not receive the game schedules.
The schedules are always available online through your DaySmart account once they are released.
6. Can I see other teams’ schedules?
No, only your own team’s full schedule is available to you.
7. Can I still get the before deadline price when it’s only a day after the early bird deadline?
No, the Early Bird Discount is only available before the deadline is reached. Once the deadline has passed all of the prices are automatically adjusted and no exceptions can be made.
8. Are there any discounts for signing up multiple teams/seasons?
Yes! KEVA runs various promotions throughout the year to encourage and reward our most active members! Our promotions are always listed on the website and vary seasonally.
9. Does the goalie count towards the gender rule in adult soccer leagues?
It depends on if the team is part of a 7v7 outdoor league or an indoor league. For 7v7 teams, the goalie can be either gender without affecting the gender rule that applies to the field players. For indoor teams, the goalie does count toward the gender rule.
10. What is your refund policy?
Refunds are dependent upon the program that is being refunded. 100% of unused Free Agent fees can be issued as store credit. Unused Free Agent fees can also be issued as a refund, however, there will be a 15% administrative fee deducted from the refundable amount. The 15% fee will be waived when Keva has initiated the refund for reasons such as low enrollment cancellation.
Used and unused is based on when the store credit/refund is requested. For example, if 50% of the games have passed before the refund is requested, only 50% of the fee would be eligible for store credit/refund.
$300 deposits are not refundable after the Early Bird Deadline. The team deposit is refundable BEFORE the Early Bird Deadline for 100% store credit or for a refund minus a 15% administration fee.
The remaining portion of the team fee minus the $300 deposit is 100% refundable for store credit or for a refund minus a 15% administration fee regardless of the deadline.
11. What happens if it storms?
- In the event of a cancellation due to weather, we will call your team’s captain, email your full team through DaySmart, and post on our Facebook page. Please speak with your team captain before calling Keva. Players that would still like to call about weather, please limit this to only your team captain and have them communicate with the team. Multiple calls from players on the same team is common and delays our ability to help other customers who also have questions.
- We always strive to inform our members as soon as possible, however, due to the unpredictable nature of weather, the exact notification time varies. KEVA aims to notify teams by two hours prior to your scheduled game. If you have not heard from KEVA by two hours before your game, you should assume the game will be played. Some players have requested not to receive emails from Keva. Those who have opted out may need to rely on their captain for notices about weather.
- What conditions result in cancellations? For outdoor soccer games scheduled on KEVA’s turf, thunder and lightning will result in games being postponed or cancelled. These games will be moved indoors if space permits. For outdoor 11v11 games, thunder, lightning, and unsafe grass field conditions will result in games being postponed and rescheduled. Rain alone will not result in a cancellation. Plan to play in the rain if there are no signs of thunder or lightning.
- Volleyball games will also generally play in the rain if there is no thunder and lightning. However, if both teams agree and there is court space available, games may be moved inside. Playing with athletic shoes is strictly enforced due to safety. Teams that do not have appropriate footwear will not be allowed to play on indoor courts, regardless of their willingness to do so.
- For Adult Indoor games we will attempt to keep the game scheduled as long as it is feasible. The best part about an indoor sports facility during Wisconsin winters is that we are able to host sports no matter the weather outside. If the conditions become such that a cancelation must occur for all teams, we will contact the affected members using the communication method outlined in the first bullet point.
- Teams that choose not to travel to Keva due to weather conditions, but the game has not been officially canceled by Keva, will be treated as a forfeit and the reschedule policy will be in effect. You can find the reschedule policy at the bottom of the page according to your specific sport. We always encourage our members to make the best choices for themselves. However, we have found that teams vary immensely with regard to their perception of inclement weather. Due to this, we have found the only fair way to administer weather cancellations is to establish and consistently follow a standard weather policy.
- The league director will make every effort possible to reschedule games canceled due to weather.
12. Do Leagues require any equipment?
- Yes, Shin guards are required for all soccer league play. If you are not wearing any you may be asked to leave the field and not return until you are wearing them.
- Basketball Leagues require that all players must have shirts or uniforms with numbers identifying individual players. Teams are encouraged to provide their own, however generic pinnies are available when needed.
13. What kind of cleats can I wear?
Rubber and plastic cleats are allowed – metal cleats are not allowed on our turf fields.
Round, molded cleats are allowed – “blade” cleats are not allowed.
You are always welcome to ask the Front Desk if you have any questions on your cleats.
14. Does everyone on my team need a membership?
Yes, everyone who participates in a league or a class must have a valid membership. There are many perks to the KEVA membership including eligibility for our programs, access to the facility during Member Play hours, Member Appreciation days and tournaments, and discounts to partner companies!
There are periodic membership checks each season, so make sure to get your membership before your season starts!
15. What kind of uniform do I need/does KEVA provide them?
KEVA provides the uniform for soccer and basketball Free Agent team. All non-soccer Free Agent teams or private teams must provide their own uniforms/colors.
16. Do you sell food and alcohol?
Yes! We have a wide selection of local beers on tap and a comprehensive selection of liquor and mixed drinks as well. We also have a full food menu to keep you fueled for your next game!
Please note, as we are a sports facility first, our food and beverage department is meant to be an enhancement to our programs, and is not a stand-alone bar. Thus, the food and beverage department does not keep bar hours. Last call is at the beginning of the final game of the evening. Multiples of bulk drinks such as pitchers or buckets are limited, and no drinks will be served after the final game has begun their half-time period.
You can always check with the front desk if you believe you’ll be in facility near the end of the night to see when last call and close will be. This time may vary due to team forfeits and cancellations.
17. Do you have tournaments?
Yes! We have KEVA-administered tournaments that our members can sign up for throughout the year for a small team fee to cover the ref costs. We also are the host-site to many tournaments administered by outside organizations as well!
18. Can I rent space for my team to practice?
Yes! If you want to reserve a field so that only your team has access to it, you are welcome to rent the field. This is an additional cost. If you want to use our fields but are okay with sharing the field, you are welcome to come during a scheduled Member Play times to play for free as long as you have a valid membership and the schedule block is meant for your age/sport!
It is important to note that Member Play is only held during scheduled times and members cannot use fields or courts outside of registered programs or specific Member Play times. When courts and fields are not already occupied by our programs or scheduled member play, they are considered reserved for rentals or any other company needs such as reschedules, rain locations, or maintenance.
19. How do I become a referee?
Call KEVA at 608-662-7529 and ask to speak with the Leagues Department.